Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Yarn Along--sock it to me


Joining Ginny for the Yarn Along this week.  Books and yarn...is there anything more sublime?

Does the above sock look familiar?  That is because I am knitting another pair of socks from what is left of the two balls of Knit Picks Felici in the Too Cool colorway.  My third pair of socks.  My hope is to get so familiar with sock knitting that I no longer need to look at instructions and can whip up a pair in no time.

I'm still reading How the Irish Saved Civilization, as I have been too brain-dead lately to do much reading before bed--which is when I generally do my reading.  Una, my super-speed reading daughter, just read Dune.  Yesterday.  In 3 hours.  It makes me giddy and envious all at once to count off how many books she goes through in a week.  To the boys, I am reading The House of Sixty Fathers.  They all agree that it is very good and quite moving.

And that you can see that not all my knitting has been socks, here is a shot of a slouchy hat I finished for my hat-loving, knit-loving, book-loving, speed-reading daughter:



The wool is the very economically-priced Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Onyx Heather.  And my Ravelry note are here for those who want them.