Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yarn Along--moving forward; holding back

I am back for Ginny's Wednesday Yarn Along.  So much fun to see what everyone is knitting and reading!


I haven't a lot of time to read lately.  In the morning I do my spiritual reading (food for meditation), and in bed I rarely manage more than 30-45 minutes before my eyes close and the book drops from my hands.  I am getting close to done with The Fellowship of the Ring.  I am really enjoying it so much more than I did at age 16, when I first read it. Other than that, my reading has been limited .  I received a trial copy of Taproot in the mail today (edited by SouleMama, Amanda Blake Soule) and it is lovely, although I don't know that I will be subscribing.  I do like the format, but it is too much like reading posts from some of the blogs I like for me to spend the money.

The sweater is for Dominic, just a simple raglan sweater for spring.  He loves the first sweater I made him and wears it all the time, which encourages me to knit for him again.

I am resisting the urge to cast on half a dozen things with all my resolve!  And I have sewing projects sitting out in my workroom, too!  Oh, if only the house-work and school-work could go away for a few weeks!

Hope to find a few minutes today to check out what you're knitting and reading!

For more inspiration, check out the Yarn Along on Small Things.