Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yarn Along--knitting and madness

I am jumping in with Ginny today, joining the weekly Yarn Along on Small Things. 

Sorry about the fuzzy photo.  The color is a little off, too, having been taken by the light of a floor lamp at 5:20 this morning.  The wool is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tweed in Thirst Heather.

This is Dominic's Classic Raglan II.  I doubt he will get much use out of it this spring except in the very early morning hours, as it is getting warm already, but I am hoping I've knit it big enough that he will be able to wear it this coming fall and winter.  One sleeve down, one plus the neckline to go...I am dying to cast on something else (actually, more like half a dozen "something-elses"), and I may do so this week.  I don't really like to knit cotton, so other than a summer slouchy hat for Una, I think I may stick to knitting for fall and winter.

The book is a loan from my sister.  She has done a lot of research on mental health care, psychotropic drugs and the like, as my dear nephew has a slew of problems and she has trained herself to be a very knowledgeable advocate for his care.

This book, I will tell you, is creepy.  It begins with the torturous treatments of the mentally ill in the early days of medicine, and is not for the faint of heart.  It is, however, pretty riveting at points.  As interesting as it is, however, it is not the kind of book one "enjoys", and so I am looking forward to getting through it and starting on The Two Towers.

That's it for this week!  Happy reading and knitting to you...hope to see you back here next week!