Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Yarn Along--satisfaction

I am joining Ginny this week for her Wednesday Yarn Along.  It really helps me to stay motivated!

First, I want to say that I finally got a photo of Adrian's Henley for my Ravelry project page.  It looks a bit worn in the shot, which it has been.


I finished Gemma's Esprit Folk vest on Sunday, and I just love it!  It is still a wee bit big on her, but that's good, because it will still fit her in the fall.  It was an easy-peasy pattern to do, and I know I will do it again my Ravelry notes are here).



Right now I am working on this hat, which was supposed to be for me, but is much too small.  I followed the directions and am even using worsted rather than dk weight yarn.  I guess I must be an exceptionally tight knitter!  Anyway, I love the pattern so much that I think I will give it another try casting on some extra stitches and using larger needles.  This one is made from leftover yarn from Gemma's Tiny Tea Leaves, so she'll have a hat to go with it.


I am still making my way through The Fellowship of the Ring.  I'm still at the Council of Elrond, and can't seem to get beyond it the past few nights; I've been so tired that I start to doze after a few pages.  Generally, by the time I go to bed, I am pretty much ready to go to sleep!

A holy Ash Wednesday to you!