Friday, July 30, 2010
You may have noticed that the posts were a bit slim this week. No Small Successes, no Seven Quick Takes Friday. I really had no preconceived plan to take a blogging break, but it just seems like a good idea right now. There are several reasons for this:
1) I really need to sit down and do a little planning for the coming year. Not only for school, but a menu plan as well.
2) I need to get going on some handmade birthday and Christmas gifts.
3) I need to do things with the kids while they are off from school. I don't want summer vacation to just become more free time for bickering and whining for videos and computer time.
4) I don't own a laptop. Being on the computer means locking myself in the office away from my kids. And from my baby, who is growing quickly, and with whom I wish to spend as much time as possible.
5) My favorite bloggers all seem to be stepping back from blogging (either slowing down the pace, privatizing their blogs, or opting out of the blogosphere completely), and it has made me think more about what my purpose in blogging is.
6) There is a saying, "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all." Well, I am temporarily dry. I have nothing amusing or informative or helpful to relate, and I don't want to bore everyone by merely posting my "To Do" list every week.
I definitely am not ready to give up blogging, but I am going to take a step back for a few weeks--if I have something I absolutely must share, I will!--and reconnect with my duties, my family, my craft projects.
I'll miss you! Hope to see you all back here when I return. And if you must be in touch, I am still available by email at nadjamagdalena at gee-mail dot com. Ta-ta for the nonce!