If you happen to be the parent of young children, you will eventually go looking for this recipe. Especially when school is out and it is pouring outside, as it was here this morning.
1 cup salt
2 cups flour
4 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbsp cooking oil
2 cups water
1. Mix everything together in a medium non-stick saucepan.
2. Cook on medium heat for three to five minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is so thick you can't stir it any longer and it looks dry, like mashed potatoes.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool until it can be handled.
4. At this point I divide it into 3 balls and knead food coloring into it until I have a pleasant shade.
Using rubber gloves is advisable, although I never do.
5. Store in air tight containers.
Just look at how much fun you can have!
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I do so appreciate it! I usually respond to questions in the comments section, so check back if there is something you wanted me to respond to!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.