Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yarn Along--a bunny for Gemma

I'm joining Ginny this week once again for her weekly Yarn Along.

Half of my kids have their annual April colds.  It seems that we manage to get through the winter with only a cold or two, but come April, everyone suddenly gets ill.  Nothing awful, just sore throats and runny noses so far.

And if you'd take a moment to say a quick prayer for my dad, he's having back surgery this morning.  I would sure appreciate it.  God reward you!

My reading has been incredibly slow, so much so that I'm thinking of getting an MP3 player for listening to audio books so that I can listen and knit (or cook, or sew) at the same time.  With The Two Towers, I am  currently in Fangorn with  Merry, Pippin and Treebeard.  As for this other book, Homeschoolers' College Admissions Handbook, with Una entering 9th grade this year I feel I ought to start thinking about college, since that is what she has her heart set upon.  So I am reading it in dribs and drabs.



 I have not decided upon my next knit piece yet, and I can't afford to buy yarn right now, so I must make use of my stash, which isn't huge.  In desperation, just for something to knit, I am making a dishcloth.  Some of mine are at the end of their usefulness.

And here is Gemma's bunny...I used this pattern, which is incredibly easy and clever.  My Ravelry note are here.

Hope to see what you are reading and knitting this week!