Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yarn Along--spring hat, autumn pullover

I am joining Ginny again for her weekly Yarn Along...so much fun and inspiration popping in to see what everyone is reading and knitting.

I knit another very basic raglan pullover for Dominic.  I meant for it to be a spring pulli, but the weather has become so warm so quickly that I think it will be put aside for autumn.  It still needs blocking.  I used this pattern, but made the size 8 with size 9 needles (I knit tight), and it fits my 5 1/2 year old with a little bit of growing room.  My Ravelry notes are here.


I really dislike knitting with cotton, and this Patagonia comes in hanks that tangle so badly when I wind them (I don't own a swift) that getting it into a ball felt like a Lenten penitential act.  But Una needs to let me wash and put away the slouchy hat I knit for her, and so I am making a spring/summer substitute.  I figure that the cotton plus the airy pattern will make it cooler.  It will be a gift for her birthday next month, so I won't be able to post a photo of the finished product until then.


My main reading is still Mad in America.  Scary book, but fascinating, too.  Tolkien's The Two Towers patiently awaits my attention on the bedside.  I have pulled out a few books to look at with the kids, among them:





I have to get on with my day now...hope to stop by and see what you've been reading and knitting, too!