Thursday, February 23, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}--23 February 2012


It's been a long while since my last, but I am joining in for {pretty, happy, funny, real} over at Like Mother, Like Daughter today.
{pretty}
My quiet, thoughtful, bookish daughter is pretty (although she doesn't think so).

{happy}
It is not easy dealing with a hyperactive five-year old.  He hardly ever stops moving or talking.  Here I set a three-minute timer and ordered him to be still and quiet for the duration. Happiness is having a  loyal little sister to wait out your sentence with you.

{funny}
All I was trying to do was get a shot of Adrian in the sweater I knit for him.  Just as we began the shoot, he got some funny thought in his head.  Try as he might, he just couldn't get rid of it.  Although none of the below made my Ravelry page, I finally did get my shot.







{real}
{real} is the terror I feel at planning for the next school year--with Una starting high school.  With all my leaning towards unschooling, Una is going to need scholarships to go to the college of her heart's desire, and she will have to have a fairly impressive transcript and portfolio to to that (words like "transcript" and "portfolio" give me a feeling of vertigo, by the way).  

{real} is the annual search for some decent thing for Una to wear for Easter.  And shoes to go with it. 

{real} is the desire to de-clutter my home this Lent.  And the dust-bunnies and sticky spots on the floor are pretty {real}, too.  "Ora et labora" is my motto for Lent.  Thank you, St. Benedict...

For more {pretty, happy, funny, real} visit Like Mother, Like Daughter.