1) Thank the blogger who gave it to you (basic good manners here, folks!);
2) List seven things that people may not know about you;
3) Pass the award on to 15 worthy bloggers (Um, I'm with City Wife here--4 seems more reasonable);
4) Let them know you've awarded them with it.
So here we go. Things you may not know about me if you are not my husband or friend Cindy:
1) I was born in NYC and spent most of the first 8 years of my life in Greenwich Village.
2) I was at the Woodstock Music Festival when I was five years old (yep, the parents were hippies back then...)
3) For a time in high school, I had my hair partially dyed magenta.
4) I used to like Glen Fiddich scotch...nowadays the very smell of scotch makes me ill, although I'll take a shot of Irish Whiskey in my hot tea if I'm frozen stiff.
5) I used to be able to juggle three balls fairly well (although never while drinking Glen Fiddich), and hope to take it up again one day to amuse my kids.
6) I studied astrology and learned how to draw up and interpret a natal chart in my wicked, heathen past;
7) God pursued me steadily for years before I finally was baptized in 1996 at the age of 33.
Now, onto the fun part...I hereby pass this award on to:
1) Regan, at a place for everything, who is certainly versatile and surely among my favorite bloggers. She is blogging less frequently these days, preferring to live life rather than blog about it. Her photos are frequently closeups of the ordinary, and they remind me of how extraordinary the ordinary truly is.
2) Ginny, at small things, who has probably received this a dozen times already, as she is developing quite a following, but is probably too humble to post about it. Ginny also takes superb photos, has gorgeous children and a house, garden and chicken coop I envy. Plus, she seems to have a thing for white and robin's egg blue, which I adore. I stop by her blog so many times a day, she probably thinks I'm nuts.
3) Beth, at Acorn Pies. She is truly versatile. Artist, craftswoman, story-teller, photographer...her blog is such a pleasure.
4) Two other ladies I would present with this award, I know for a fact have already received it. I'm guessing that Jessica, at Shower of Roses has, too, but in case she hasn't, I think she deserves the "versatile" title. Her blog is truly a bit of this and a bit of that. Her energy and imagination are to be envied. And her kids always look so tidy and adorable (how does she do that?).
Ladies, take a bow!