Thursday, July 30, 2009

Small Successes Vol 28

One.
I got my workroom cleaned up and my maternity clothes put back up in the attic space. I can actually see the surface of my work table for the first time in months!

Two.
I finished reading The Phantom Tollbooth to Sebastian and Gabriel and managed to find a few minutes here and there to turn a piece of Una's embroidery work into a cushion cover for her bed.

Three.
I finally found the courage to start using my cloth diapers yesterday for the first time. I used disposables for Gemma's first two weeks so that I wouldn't have extra laundry to deal with, and I will still use them for outings. I like the cloth except for the fact that Gemma is so little and the cloth diapers so bulky! It looks a bit funny, but then I suppose that is what I looked like 45 years ago--and I was nearly two pounds lighter!

Read more Small Successes on Faith and Family Live

4 comments:

  1. Yay - I am glad you are back posting! Hope you are remembering to rest up.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nadja,
    i would love to use cloth nappies full time again, but we have such a lack of water situation here. i cnnot justify all the water usage.
    I love to see them on the line to dry....I really miss that.
    God Bless

    I did post on my comments about a tutorial on the little dolls. i will do it but after I finish the Silk marionettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know--when they are tiny you can use the unfolded diapers (you know the thin old-fashioned plain ones?) and fold them around in lots of different ways so they aren't so bulky-won't be long until that ends and you need the thick ones big time though. A nice little snappi and that sweet little patootie is good to go! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO late reading this...I did Mr. Linky last week, but did not have my favorite time to just sit and read these....really proud of you. Thanks for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I do so appreciate it! I usually respond to questions in the comments section, so check back if there is something you wanted me to respond to!